Wee Welcome (“Wee Welcome”, “we”, “us” or “our”) takes steps to ensure it meets applicable privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information.
The purpose of this policy is to inform our guests, business customer representatives and other individuals we deal with (“you” and “your”) how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in Canada. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual.
Personal Information We Collect
Wee Welcome and its agents and representatives may collect personal information in certain circumstances, such as:
- Contact information, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address;
- Credit card or debit information, for instance when purchasing products or services;
- Information relevant to a particular service you request, such as the age and gender of a child or other person when entering a contest;
- Survey responses, in cases where you provide your name in order to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits from participating in a survey, or consent to us contacting you about your comments;
- Preferences and other personal profile information you may provide to us when you register on our website, for instance restaurant preferences, favourite category, biographical information such as age and gender;
- Names, titles, business contact information of our corporate and business customer contacts and related information relevant to establishing and maintaining our relationship with our business customer contacts and understanding their roles within their organizations;
*Credit and financial information taken for purchasers of our services on credit.
Use of Your Personal Information:
We collect and use personal information for a number of purposes:
- Wee Welcome runs contests, both offline and through our website. We require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (for online entries) and we may also require proof of your age for the purposes of determining eligibility, prize notification and fulfilment and related purposes in connection with the contest. Contact information may be required to administer other benefits our guests have requested or accepted.
- Wee Welcome will occasionally conduct surveys and research, either offline, by telephone or on our Website. These surveys may ask you about your category and city preferences, your age, gender and other biographical information, region of residence or other personal information that may enable Wee Welcome to understand its guests’ preferences. Your participation in surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you will have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address and telephone number may be required: (1) to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits that may be available to survey participants, in which case your contact information is only used for notification and fulfilment purposes; or (2) where you have provided your express consent to us contacting you to discuss your comments. Except as described above, survey responses are only used by Wee Welcome on an aggregate basis.
- We may also use personal information where necessary for establishing and maintaining our relationship with corporate and business customer contacts. We also use personal information to manage and administer our business, to meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, and otherwise as permitted or required by law. If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by Wee Welcome is not disclosed to other parties, except as follows:
- Personal information may also be transferred to certain affiliates where they are providing an administrative or processing service on our behalf, in which case we take steps to ensure that your personal information is protected and not used or disclosed for any purpose other than as directed by Wee Welcome.
- In addition, Wee Welcome may transfer personal information to outside agents, service providers or mandataries that perform services on our behalf, for instance vendors, fulfilment houses and research and contest service providers, in which case we use contractual or other means to ensure that your personal information is protected and not used or disclosed for any purpose other than as directed by Wee Welcome.
- Your personal information may be used by Wee Welcome and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Wee Welcome’s business or assets, including for the purposes of permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship, to fulfil reporting or audit requirements or, in the case of sale or assignment, the use and disclosure by those parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this policy.
- We may also disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and security requirements.
- Wee Welcome does not disclose your personal information other than as described in this policy or otherwise without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
“Weewelcome.ca” and the Internet:
Wee Welcome operates the website “www.weewelcome.ca”, and other domain names we own that resolve to those sites, at which visitors can register to receive customized information, enter contests, polls or surveys or make purchases. We do not collect personal information about you unless you choose to provide us with information about you, such as age, gender, or other information we may request or need when you choose to register at our website, or as otherwise described in this policy.
Regarding External Links:
We use information you provide on the Wee Welcome website to facilitate your registration options, to understand who our guests are and their preferences, to improve the content of our website, to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor based on information you voluntarily provide, to send you periodic newsletters and mailings you request, process your purchases and to conduct surveys, polls and contests as described above.Wee Welcome does not disclose personal information contained in our subscriber database to any third parties except as otherwise described in this policy.
Receiving e-mail newsletters from us is optional when you register. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by following the unsubscribe instructions in our e-mail or by sending us an e-mail at the address below. If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events if you have selected this option. You can withdraw your consent to sending you postal mailings by contacting us as described below. When you register at our website, make purchases or enter contests, our server may store your contact or other relevant information in your profile for automatic completion of forms in future purchases/entries for your convenience. If you prefer not to have this information stored, you can select the option not to store your information (if that option is available) or you can contact us as described below to have it deleted if no longer required to fulfil your request.
If registered visitors choose not to receive any e-mail or other communications from us, the information you provide in your registration can still be used to provide customised information, for instance about your category preferences, when you login. If you prefer to have your registration profile deleted, you can contact us as described below. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders, contests or other services they have requested on-line. If you make inquiries of Wee Welcome by e-mail, either to our e-mail address or through a link or box on our website, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant department and are not used for other purposes or stored for reasons other than maintaining a record of correspondence.
For each visitor to our website, cookies may be used by our Web server to automatically recognize a registered visitor where you have indicated your preference to be automatically logged in.
You can disable cookies using your Internet browser’s settings. Please consult your browser’s help function for information on how to disable cookies. Note that if you disable cookies, certain features of our website will not function properly.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, Wee Welcome or its service providers place ads on our Web pages. As a result of your visit to our site or clicking on these ads, we may collect passive information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
We protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Employees, agents and mandataries of Wee Welcome who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us:
Wee Welcome may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the objects described above, which will be accessible at 202 Jane Street, Toronto, Ontario. If you wish to request access or correction to your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Chief Privacy Officer. Your right to access and correct personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to the above address, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at [416-762-0097].